Top 5 reasons to set goals: Why you should
Posted on Febrero 5, 2014
How many times have you set out to do something like losing a few extra pounds, quit smoking, make more sales visits at work, arrive onetime, etc, etc, etc …
Yeah me too! We all do almost every day and then we don’t follow through. We feel bad, our self-esteem gets blown, and then we start the process all over again, never really achieving anything of merit.
As we talked about in the last installment of this series, to set goals, or even better, to know how to set goals effectively is a skill just like any other. It is an extremely critical skill to have in our lives and you can learn it with bit of practice and a little help from me. When we set goals and follow through, we are relieved of suffering that vicious cycle of setting goals and not folioing through that leads to absolutely nowhere and makes us feel like we have no control over of our personal or professional life.
I have gone through this time and again throughout my life until I finally figured it out. And you can too!
So here are my Top 5 Reasons to Set Goals and Objectives and the benefits it will bring you.
1. Motivation[su_service title = ” Your Reason for Being ” icon = ” icon:lightbulb-o” icon_color = “#082574″] If you do not have a reason to live, a goal to achieve, something to aspire to or something to keep you going when times get tough, how do you wake up in the morning? There are many of you who are going to say that you have no goals or objectives, but I think you do. Think carefully about it and let me know. When you set goals or objectives you can see the progress you’re making day by day. Don’t take my word for it, check this out. I don’t think I have to tell you how motivating this is! And the more motivation we have, the easier it will be we achieve our goals and so on and so on. Now this is the kind of ” vicious circle ” in which we want to be in! [/su_service]
2. Action[su_service title = ” Action Plan ” icon = ” icon: lightbulb-o” icon_color = “#082574”] When we set goals or objectives we need to turn them into an action plan and this is where most of us fail. Can you say “No follow through”! But I firmly believe that when goals are properly set, your action plan almost writes itself. We become open to possibilities we would have thought we could never have seen before. [/su_service]
3. Focus[su_service title = ” Where’s Your Attention” icon = ” icon:lightbulb-o” icon_color = “#082574”] As you define a goal, it becomes absolutely clear what you have to focus your attention on every day, every week, every month and so on. This gives you security in knowing that you’re going in the direction you want to go and you’re it all by yourself. You ‘re not adrift anymore and everyone around you are will see you as strolling through life with determination and power. And we all know how that makes us feel![/su_service]
4.Responsibility[su_service title = ” You Decide ” icon = ” icon: lightbulb-o” icon_color = “#082574”] This has to be the most important! Even if reach your goal or not, you will begin to understand that achieving it has little to do (although sometimes it does) with external forces or the environment and everything to do with your attitude and the actions you take daily. You become responsible for yourself and your luck! And for many of us, this will be the first time in our lives. [/su_service]
5. Clarity[su_service title = ” Clear as Day ” icon =” icon: lightbulb-o” icon_color=”#082574″] When defining objectives will learn to think of your ideas as concretely as possible. We all have vague desires that we think of but you never seem to be able to get them out of your mind. If you take one of them and start to dissect it and mark specific actions to achieve it, you will realise the it doesn’t have to be just a dream and that you little ol’ you can make it happen . [/su_service]
Setting goals and objectives is a skill that can be learned but we have to take that very first step and decide that we will make it happen. This easily learned ability can change our “luck” and give us the needed motivation to make lasting change in our lives. Responsibility, Clarity and Focus help us take control our own ship and steer it safely through troubled waters.
To find out more about Goal Setting and personal development or to participate in the ongoing personal development debate, drop me note or two and let me know what you think, would like explained, what you would like to know about or even if you need help on something, just let me know.
[su_note note_color=”#F3f3f3″ radius=”1″]
DON’T MISS MY NEXT ARTICLE!
Join over 1000 subscribers who receive free personal development tips, in-depth reviews and great articles to move you forward.
Nacido y criado en Chicago, en la actualidad Eduardo reside en Espa√±a donde ha desarrollado sus m√©todos actuales de formaci√≥n. Eduardo posee un MBA de la Universidad de Nebrija y un Master en Comercio Internacional de la EOI adem√°s del t√≠tulo de Formador de Formadores y varias certificaciones y cualificaciones.
Eduardo est√° muy solicitado tanto en Espa√±a como en el resto del mundo, colabora con sus clientes para guiarlos en c√≥mo realizar cambios personales o profesionales consiguiendo con rapidez que alcancen objetivos que nunca creyeron posibles. Sus m√©todos y t√©cnicas permiten estimular el auto-conocimiento, ya sea con un peque√±o cambio en su forma de pensar o con un gran cambio en su carrera profesional o vida personal. Eduardo sirve de gu√≠a para conseguir el √©xito.
Latest posts by Eduardo Arellano (see all)
- Organizational Change: The Key To Making It Work - Septiembre 28, 2015
- The Freelancer’s Guide to Time Management - Mayo 28, 2015
- 6 estupendas razones por las que deberías empezar el día antes de las 6 de la mañana - Mayo 28, 2015